Your Patent Policy

From: Franco Favento de i Favento de Trieste <f.favento@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:50:08 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Dear sirs,

I did read the Free Software Foundation's opinion about your proposed
policy of patents "royalty-free" for use by implementers of the
standard, but with "field of use" restrictions, and I feel that FSF is
correct: your proposed policy isn't a good one.

You at W3C are doing a great work for the web, and it would be a bad
shift from your path if you choose to go on a close-software way instead
of to stay on a open (or free, as in speech) side. Today you have on
your hands the future of all of us (the mankind): keep it safe.

Sincerely

	Franco Favento