Atrong opposition

From: Vincent Crespi <crespi@phys.psu.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:59:11 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I strongly oppose the incorporation of patents into the www standards
process. The web developed so quickly specifically because it was free
from IP restrictions and financial impediments to robust, widely distributed
implementation and experimentation.

This proposed policy is a very bad idea, in my opinion.

Best regards,

Vincent H. Crespi
Associate Professor of Physics & Downsbrough Professor
Associate Director, Penn State Materials Science and Engineering Center