Proposed RAND licensing model - AGAINST

From: Charles Sullivan <cwsulliv@triad.rr.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2001 22:45:19 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
To the W3C:

I'm sorry I don't have enough time before expiration of the comment
period to fully explain my position.  So in brief:

The W3C has done a wonderful job to date in making the Internet and WWW
the success it is.  However my considered opinion is that adoption of
the proposed RAND licensing model will assure the demise of the W3C
as an effective force within 10 years and its replacement by Microsoft
Corporation as virtual owner of the WWW.

I therefore strongly urge the rejection of this proposal.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan
cwsulliv@triad.rr.com