I hope you realise

From: Irise Lenoir <E.T.@tokyo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:36:15 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I hope you realise that acepting patented 'standards' in your
'recomandations' will ensure that the W3C will not be seen as a trusted
standard making body anymore. There are two possible outcomes of this.
Another browser standard war. Or another web standard body being
created. Maybe the later is what we need. A body where more decisions
are taken by web users and web developers. Anyway, by even considering
such a thing, the W3C has lost much interest for me and I will not keep
asking people to comply with your recomandations. I will keep a very
close eye on this issue. If the W3C rejects this, I will still want to
know more about how decisions are taken and will be very doubtful about
your work. I thought the W3C was supposed to make sure such things
didn't happen.