RAND comment

From: Don <don@research-cistw.saic.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I believe that the RAND policy does not adequately protect against submarine
patents which are licensed in order to expand their adoption. I believe
the policy must specifically require patents either be licenced in
perpetuity or specify in advance the relicensing conditions. Also that the
licensing be uniform or specified in advance of adoption, so that the
patent owner cannot license a technology long enough to get it adopted,
and then vastly increase licensing fees for future adoptors.

Thanks