Adoption of recommendations

From: Johan Bager <johan@bager.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:27:19 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
All,

Be advised that it is to be stronly recommended against adopting the patent
policies under discussion.  Rather than acquiesce to the questionable
validity of software patents, I suggest they be challenged.  Not all
countries support them yet.   Let's not steer those who are still debating
their direction with repsect to software patents into the same ill-founded
solution the United States has hitherto embarked upon.  Establish consensus
which follows the spirit rather than the letter of the law.

Where there are patent issues, let us search for alternative solutions for
adoptions in order that we may still utilize the internet in the originally
intended spirit.

Johan Bager
Bager & Comapny