Against Patents in Standards

From: Pat Mahoney <patmahoney@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:03:30 -0500
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
It has already been said numerous times that all the valid points have
already been raised.  Still, I feel compelled to submit a comment of my
own.  Patents have no business in Internet standards.  The Internet
itself is possibly the best example.  The protocols it is based on are
not encumbered, and it has literally exploded in size since its

Please do not allow this proposal to be accepted.  I am vehemently
opposed to it and will lose all faith in the W3C if this becomes

Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

I prefer encrypted email                             GPG Key ID: 438F3BC7