Rand Comments

From: Susan <susanjacque@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:56:54 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I feel that all use of standards and protocols with
respect to the internet need to be free of royalty fees and
restrictions. I feel that imposing incorporation of proprietary
standards and/or protocols will keep many from using the internet and
will also stifle creativity.  We need to keep the web a place free of
proprietary standards.

I feel that the web is becoming a place where people can come together
in many forms and share.  But, if we let big business dictate to us what
standards and protocols we must use, it will only be of monetary value
only.  Money is not everything.

Thank you

Susan Henson