no RAND

From: Landahl, Bill <bill.landahl@unisys.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:44:38 -0500
To: "'www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org'" <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I am very much opposed to the change in W3C standards that would allow the
inclusion of patented/royalty technology.  In my work, I've relied upon W3C
standards to provide the interoperatability necessary in a diverse world.
The proposed policy may allow one or two items to reach "standards" status
more quickly, but in the long term will only serve to restrict and reduce
technical innovation while diminishing the richness of the internet
environment.

William L Landahl III

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my
employer.