Strongly disagree with proposal to allow non-royalty-free standards

From: Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:18:27 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear Reader,

I've been a strong advocate of W3C standards as consultant and CTO
of my own company.  One of the important advantages I have stressed
about W3C standards is that they are open and free to be implemented
by anyone thus preventing lock in by any company.

I strongly urge you not to accept the RAND licensing change.

Jean Pierre LeJacq

RequestHealth Corporation