Please, reject RAND

From: Enrique Baraibar <enribar@fastlink.com.uy>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:59:42 -0300
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
If RAND goes through, who will benefit? The owners of the patents, no doubt. Almost (?) all of them big money.
And who will lose? Everybody else, specially the W3C, who will be seen as being in the payroll of the big corps.
These big corps perceive the free software/open source movement as a matter of life and death, and couldn't care less about the perceived image of the W3C.
But make no mistake, there is no way you could convince the world that you are not 30 silver coins the richer for adopting RAND.
Perhaps you don't care, either. But since you asked for comment so insistently and so publicly - you did, didn't you? -, I felt that I must tell you.