"Reasonable" is a slipperly slope

From: Mike Linksvayer <ml@gondwanaland.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:35:45 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Patentholders WILL increase the scope of what's accepted as
"reasonable, customary" terms and fees.  It's in their interest to
do so.  I am not an opponent of big business, multinationals, the
commerical net, whatever.  I do however realize that corporations
are (among many other things, some good) amoral profit maximizers.
Repeat, they WILL expand the scope of what is allowable under RAND
licensing in order to maximize their profits.  Do not open this
door.

NO to RAND.  A million times no.

--
  Mike Linksvayer