Proposal to allow patent-bound WWW standards

From: Smitty <76543a@mpinet.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:22:29 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
To whom it may concern:
I am appalled the W3C is even considering allowing patent-bound standards,
effectively giving certain corporate vested interests a monopoly.
I caution the W3C that we as internet users can always, en masse, turn our
backs on YOU, and no longer recognize you as a internet standards body if you
choose to abuse your given powers.
The internet needs to remain based on standards in the public domain and thus
free for everybody.
Regards,
Thomas Smith