Strong Objections to Proposals

From: Bill Cane <billcane@vectis.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:58:30 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I am very concerned about this policy decision by the W3C and I urge you to
re-consider it.

Millions of small *users* are dependent on the W3C for development of
non-discriminatory standards/protocols for the next generation of web
projects.

This policy decision is a threat to small and individual software developers
who are frequently the seedbed for new ideas.

In particular it will endanger work on open source internet browsers which
will cause a *major* problem for us, the growing numbers of small business
Linux users who depend on the stirling work done by open source developers.

Big corporate interests can look after themselves - we smaller people look to
you for non-discriminatory treatment.

Bill Cane
Small Business Linux user