What are you guys smoking?

From: Rodrigo P. Gomez <rpgomez@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:39:58 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I just got finished reading the article:

Community: W3C and the Promotion of Fee-based Standards for the Web

over at www.linuxtoday.com concerning a proposed change in licensing
issues concerning patents, specifically this notion of a RAND license.
I fail to see how forcing a royalty fee on open standards could possibly
help the community of internet users. I see how it can help certain
large,greedy, monopolistic coporation$$ of course. I thought that W3C was out
there to help the individual community members of our Internet village
not to shut down the freedom to innovate of the internet individuals.

Seriously, are you smoking crack? Or are you just receiving a large check for
the job well done?

--Rod