What a joke you've become W3C.

From: Darron Froese <darron@froese.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:56:06 -0600
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
  According to: http://www.w3.org/2001/08/16-PP-FAQ.html#[5-5]
They don't even have to search their patent portfolio - they are supposed to
just respond based on their "actual, personal knowledge of their
organizations patent holdings and applications".
If they dont disclose their patent holdings, they should /have/ to give a RF
licence for use in that standard - with no exceptions. There's now way that
a company should be able to say: "Oops, we forgot we sort of patented that -
pay up."

Allowing companies to profit and have a stranglehold on a W3C standard by
somehow *omitting* their various patent holdings is akin to giving a child
molester free reign in a daycare - you know he's going to offend, it's just
a matter of when that occurs.

You're making yourself more and more irrelevant W3C.

--
darron