RAND

From: Justin H. <justinh@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:52:35 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Even without the rhetoric that jumped to mind when I heard about this,
RAND is still wrong thinking.  Standards are what products are based off
of, not the products themselves.  In some cases, a product defines the
standards, but it isn't the standard.  When you start thinking like
this, you get problems similar to what we already suffer through with
Instant Messaging software and protocols.

The internet and the standards that make it what it is are open, and
they need to remain that way.  Don't close the door on it.

Thank you,
Justin H.