Comment to W3C Patent Policy Draft

From: <ferdinando.gallo@tin.it>
Date: Sun Sep 30 15:25:15 2001
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear Sirs,

As a programmer, I absolutely and totally opposed the
option of allowing RAND patents to be part of W3 standards.

I will not knowingly support any "standard" which involves
a patented technology.

The Internet and the Web succeeded because anyone could
contribute and did. Patents are inherently contrary to
such openness.

W3C  history will definitely be negated, and I believe
their future void, should the proposed policy be approved
and deployed.

Sincerely,

Ferdinando Gallo

Pisa - Italy