W3C ridiculous new policy on patents

From: Krux <krux@thcnet.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I would like to say that I for one am apposed to adopting non-free
standards.  This is bad for everyone involved, as to use company A's new
standard, you invariably end up having to use a product by company A to
support it.  This alienates those who happen to be on a platform not
directly supported by company A.    It gets worse when company B is
involved and releases something not supported by company A's product.

I think the push should be a centrally adopted standard which is free to
use.  Profit should go to the company with the better product, not the
company who eliminates competition by closing the doors on participation.

- k

Chaos is not Anarchy.
Chaos is mathematical order beyond human perception.
Anarchy is a bunch of assholes fire bombing city hall.