Patent Policy

From: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@defined.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:58:56 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Only this afternoon I saw a reference to this latest draft. I feel that
there has been little or no discussion of this latest Draft. I would like to
see the Last Call period extended as I am extremely worried about the future
viability of the W3C if they begin charging royalties on "Standards". I
think that any decision to do so would reflect poorly on the W3C itself as
well as the membership of the W3C. This is the best way to ensure that the
W3C recommendations are ignored. Of course, this is may be an uninformed
position because there has been little or no public discussion of the
matter.

Thank you,
Jeff Rafter