No to RAND policy

From: Mark Fasheh <mfasheh@linux.ucla.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:34:01 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Hello,
	I want to add my voice to the many who have already
written in opposition to the RAND licensing proposal. Quite simply, I would
like to preserve the ability of the software community to write
free (or 'open source') implementations of W3C standards without having to
pay patent royalties. If the RAND proposal were adopted, it could quickly
lead to a situation which would discourage the creation of such software.
	--Mark

--
If we were meant to get up early, God would have created us with alarm clocks.
Mark James Fasheh <mfasheh@linux.ucla.edu>