W3C Patent Policy

From: Paul R. Ganci <ganci@amrone.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:52:40 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I hope you are kidding. The basis of web was to exchange information in
a free manner. The imposition of royalties in order for individuals or
corporations to implement W3C standards undermines the whole basis of
the web and its formation. The W3C should be ashamed. Since when did a
standards body become a money making organization. I guess it just means
we need some other body to provide standards. It seems that the W3C has
lost sight of its charter.

--
Paul (ganci@amrone.org)