RAND license

From: Anthony Hawes <anthony@cortexsoftware.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:14:17 +0100
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Having just found out about this at the last minute, I find myself apalled
that a standards body such as the W3C, a body that has done so much to
promote solid standards on the web, has even considered non-free licensing.
It seems that we are going to be standing in a minefield of licensing issues
that will result in users freedom of choice being removed for all practical
purposes, in a future corporate "my way or the highway" ultimatum.

Anthony Hawes