Sickening

From: Carl Ebrey <carl@ebrey.uk.eu.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:20:27 +0100 (BST)
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I could be wrong, but from what I can make out through all this talk of
RAND et al, now would be a good time to consider a new career.  How can
the W3C even consider patenting standards in such a way that open source
or free software organisations cannot use it?!  Surely this goes against
the entire grain of the WWW!  Surely Mr Burners-Lee has more morals than
to go ahead with such a stupid idea.

It's sickening.