w3c nonsense

From: steve <steelrat@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:13:35 +0930
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I'm not sure who thought this up, but I'm sure its to do with money.
If such patents go ahead I will actively remove w3c in all my open
source notes and use your organization as a case study in the Advanced
Diploma in Information Technology on "open standards on the web"
I will encourage all my colleagues in other States moving into Open
Source Training across Australia to do likewise.

You are demonstrating a clear failure to lead in this field and if the
proposal is successful I shall be one of the first supporters of a new
replacement body.

Regards

Stephen

__