Re: RAND proposal for WWW.

From: Jeremy Allison <jra@samba.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:05:38 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Cc: samba-team@samba.org
To whom it may concern,

I completely abhor and reject the decision of the W3C
to endorse patented technologies as basic Web standards.

I have been working in the file-sharing protocol world
for eight years now, and *NO* patent encumbered technology
has ever gained broad acceptance there.

Please reconsider this ill-judged idea, and refuse to endorse
technologies and protocols covered by proprietary patents.

What you see before you is the potential balkanization
of the Web. Please do not go this route.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.