Standards are to be STANDARD by Definition

From: Warren Puckett <warren@humanz.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:29:58 -0700
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Fellow Sojourners:

This latest debate is a timely and appropriate one. The quest for uniformity
on the web is a noble one and should not be prostituted so quickly to
corporate R&D departments. The advancement of technology should be in the
best interest of all concerned by virtue of the gains in functionality
themselves. We are in the midst of the most exciting quantum leap in
information/knowledge exchange in the history of mankind and we are still
trying to figure out who gets to charge admission. If I discovered gravity
today and patented it,I am sure it's inevitable usage would not be slowed
down by my sudden realization that it existed. Let's push the envelope
together. You can't take it with you.

Warren Puckett