Patents

From: Anders <anders.sahlqvist@brandeye.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:24:34 +0200
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I can understand the concern expressed here about the future of Internet and
the proposed royalty fees. However, I do believe most of You are forgetting
the reason why patents exist. It moves all of us forward. It gives companies
and individuals a possibility to gain a little from their inventions.
Without the possibility to patent inventions, we would all still be writing
with chalk on blackboards instead of using computers.

So if these "bad guys" get to earn a little money, what's wrong with that?
It will move the Internet ahead.

/Anders