Attn: the W3C

From: Jason Antony <s1118355@student.gu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:28:45 +1000
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

For your convenience, I was compiling a shortlist of the posts I deemed
quite worthy of your consideration. As time went on, the futility of the
exercise dawned on me. For, apart from the boilerplate posts, flames,
invalid arguments and spam, I was rewriting the comment indexes.

Today is the last day for public and Member comments on your proposed
patent policy [local time]. Over a period of two weeks, numerous people
from all walks of life have expressed their concerns for the future of
the World Wide Web, and the ramifications of RAND-mode licensing. They
also pointed out the numerous pitfalls and booby-traps that come with
RAND. Most importantly, many alternative solutions have been proposed
that are more pragmatic, implementable and address the issue of
software patents.

I strongly suggest every post be analysed for its insight and
possible solutions within. Incorporate the best wisdom you find into
the next draft.

We sincerely hope the W3C will do the Right Thing.

All the best
Jason Antony