Oppose Patents

From: Mark Bartlett <marlofkark@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:32:00 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
As a Linux user, I oppose any WC3 change to its current patent policy.
The new proposed RAND patent standard would prevent me full access to
many formal web features, because they could not be included in open
source software projects.  Most open source projects are loosely
structured, informal organizations (some are even personal private
efforts) which lack any ability to pay for patient usage rights.  Do not

make me a second class web citizen because I choose to use open source
web browsers.