patented protocols.

From: Michael Mounteney <gate02@landcroft.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:59:25 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
No.  No. No.  We don't need them, we don't want them.  American corporations
are determined to get thier fingers into every pie on the planet.  Show some
backbone and tell them to make a living honestly.  The internet was built by
public money (from DoD/MoD ARPANET etc.) so the greedy companies have no
moral or legal right to cash-in on it !

If you really need new protocols, there are plenty of hackers out there who
will be very happy to provide them.

--
Michael Mounteney, technical director.