[www-patentpolicy-comment] <none>

From: jose lorenzo <hozelda@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Originally I was going to try to give reasons for my
stance, but I'm no writer.  Essentially:

...I find it difficult to back standards that
discriminate against the poor - especially having
alternatives.  I hope these alternatives will continue
to exist all throughout the internet in the near
future...

And:

...If I have a wish (one that is reasonable and
shoudn't be too much trouble for w3c to follow should
it absolutely want to tax...) is that it be marked
very very clearly which are the taxed
specs/recommendations (as opposed to those that
aren't)...

jl

Ps:  "The poor" is symbolic for what amounts to
"everyone's right to ... [many things go here ..   ..
because I've had the fortune to have many things ]."

Ps#2:  Hurray to the people at the W3C for all the
good things they have done to date.