From: cbma <cbma@wwfrontmuseum.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 07:42:33 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

We at the Commencement Bay Maritime Association and the
Working Watefront Museum are concerned and disappointed
that the W3C is poposing to allow patents as part of your standards

As a non-profit organization we depend greatly on "free" software
for access to the web.  Your proposal would not only undermine
everything that the web (and the W3C) once stood for, but indirectly
harm the non-profit community at large.

Please do not go forward with this proposal!

Commencement Bay Maritime Association
705 Dock Street
Tacoma, Washington