Comment

From: Voluspa <voluspa@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:03:27 +0200
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Look, I don't understand the mumbo-jumbo lingo you use in the Patent Policy
Framework draft, and wouldn't even if you had written it in Swedish. But I do
know that Software Patents only pertain to certain countries, are illegal in
some, and under review in most.

Therefore, to even suggest that patents has a place in www-standards is BS!

I've enjoyed the free and open Net since 1989. If you want to push us into an
AOL/MSN-cage now, then be my guest. But I won't come knocking on your door
anymore.

Hell, I'll create the Wise World Wide Web (wwww) instead...

Mats Johannesson
Sweden