comments on proposals

From: Lisa Lorenzin <lorenzin@1000plus.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

this email is basically a "me too" - i have nothing insightful to add to
the discussion, i just want to register my opinion on:

    *  a requirement for disclosure provisions (Section 7);

i am in favor of a requirement for disclosure.  furthermore, i believe
there should be a requirement that non-disclosed patents be freely
licensed for use by all, so there are no loopholes.

    * a procedure for launching new standards development activities as
Royalty-Free Licensing Mode activities (sections 4 and 5);

i believe that this is a fair and reasonable model, and upholds the
current openness of web standards.

    * a procedure for launching new standards development activities as
Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory (RAND) Licensing Mode activities
(sections 4 and 5);

i am against this licensing model.  as many people have said, much more
eloquently than i can - web standards should be freely available for all
to use.

						regards,

							lisa

--
lisa lorenzin   |   lisa@1000plus.com   |   http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
# find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us