Patent Policy

From: Dhruva Reddy <sledgehammer2010@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:59:49 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I write to voice my objection to the adoption of
"standards" for whose use royalties must be paid.

The requirement of a royalty payment may not be an
obstacle for a for-profit organization which expects
to profit from the use of such standards, but it is a
major obstacle for those who expect no payment

Adoption of such standards will reduce innovation by
put up artificial barriers to entry that only large,
for-profit organizations can overcome.  This could
effectively prevent the best talent in the world from
implementing an important specification, resulting in
a lower standard of technology for everyone.

Please keep up the good work that you have been doing,
and keep all of your standards trully open.

Thank you,
Dhruva Reddy

Do You Yahoo!?