Patent Policy

From: Clifford Satlow <sclifford@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 00:13:36 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Dear W3C Patent Policy Working Group:
     I wish to express my extreme concern about the proposed changes in the current w3c patent policy.  The introduction of licencing fees for the use of internet standards can only serve to further restrict cohntrol of the internet to a relatively few large corporations, thus inhibiting the realization of the full potential of the internet. Accordingly, I am opposed to all three sections  which you ask to be addresed, sections 4, 5 & 7. Vague guidelines for implementation of RF licences are open to abuse, and history has shown over and over again that if an opportunity to gain by abusing stated principles exists, corporations will do so. I sicerely hope that you will keep in mind the good of the future of us all, rather than the immediate greed of a few, when making this decision. Thankyou for allowing me to express my views.

Clifford S. Satlow
12 E. 31st St.
NYC, NY 10016
sclifford@nyc.rr.com