Re: RAND is not bad, but we're concerned about the W3C

> RAND is not bad, but we're concerned about the W3C
>
> From: TopXML - Mark Wilson (markwilson@topxml.com)
> Date: Sat, Oct 06 2001

> RAND in itself is simply an attempt to force companies to *declare* if they
> have patents and perhaps clarify which patents will be free and which pose a
> patent risk.  RAND is not bad, it is a good idea.  We do need to know who
> owns what and get clarity on this.

That's completely incorrect Mark. The PPF contains patent disclosure
sections. Trying to imply that patent disclosure also requires a RAND
policy is highly misleading. The Patent Policy Framework could have been
drafted with disclosure and Royalty-Free provisions instead.

Regards,
Adam