Support for Open-Source

From: Stephen C. Scherer <sscherer@wvu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:02:07 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Hello,

I would like to voice my support of open-source, royalty-free standards on the Internet.  I am doctoral student in education (West Virginia University), and we in education are just beginning to realize the importance of open-source in our communities.  I believe that implementing RAND is a great mistake that would hurt the development of important educational software and runs counter to the principles upon which the Internet was founded.

Stephen C. Scherer