RAND = BAD idea

From: Darren Blaser <Darren.Blaser@extendedsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:17:38 -0600
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Dear W3C Patent Policy Working Group:

I object to the inclusion of a "reasonable and
non-discriminatory" (RAND) licensing option in the proposed policy.
I believe that the exclusive use of a "royalty-free" (RF) licensing
model is in the best interests of the Internet community, and that
RAND licensing would always necessarily exclude some would-be
implementors, especially among open source and free software
developers.

Sincerely,

D Blaser
Boise, Idaho