You're digging your own grave with this...

From: Jeppe Cramon <jeppe@cramon.dk>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:57:02 +0200
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Can't you see that you're underminig your own position?
The internet is and should always be based on open and free standards, a thing I think W3C has done a really good at. Turning away from this will only make things worse. Personally I don't believe that it will successfull, history has clearly proven that people and developers aren't interested in proprietary (read licensed) standards. Do you think JPEG would have been so popular if everyone had to pay license (as they are trying to do with GIF) ?

Give it up and continue on the good and healthy road you're on!

/Jeppe