Not a GIF-issue again...please

From: Henrik Olsson <henrik.olsson@scs.se>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:08:27 +0200
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I will not adept to any new standard that costs money to use, neither
for the content writer or for the content reader.

Its a question of justice. Everyone should be able to communicate to
everyone. Whithout "information taxes".

I have long avoided using GIF:s , because its not free.

I have long avoided PDF:s until Ghostscript came along, making it
possible to produce and read documents without paying.

I WILL NOT go back in time and support something new that is not
completly free.

If W3C approves non-free recommendations / standards I WILL stick to the
old ones, and wait for other free alternatives.

If W3C approves non-free recommendation IT WILL BE the end of W3C as
someone that we listen to.

/Henrik