RAND

From: <bordcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:46:21 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Are you people insane? I've been involved professionally with computers for
over 20 years and this is the dumbest thing that I've ever heard. What
possible beneficial effect could this have for anyone? The only effect that
this will have is the stifling of information exchange between all except
those that can afford to pay, i.e. the government and large corporations.
Don't we already suffer from enough misguided propaganda on the airwaves?
Has the flow of free thoughts and ideas become such a threat to the
corporate power structure that it must be squelched at all costs? Get a
grip on your Orwellian proposals and come back down to earth. This proposal
stinks!