Re: NO STANDARDS WITH PATENTS

From: <donald.hohman@pncbank.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:43:05 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I agree. If the W3C wants to make a patented product a standard, then I as
a developer will no longer use that standard. If I use a standard or metric
wrench on my car, do I first have to get a RAND now too? If a developer
wants his creation to be a standard, they should present it as open source
or sell it as an add on to the web user that will require licenses outside
of the standards arena.