Had to happen sooner or later

From: craig <craigs@conterra.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:01:05 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I was wondering when the W3C community service was going to turn into the
"whats in it for me" service. In short, I agree with Sisson who questions
the impartiality of the RAND
group and says, "This group sounds too much like bands of thieves
cooperating on a big heist,". The whole purpose of standards is to allow
Internet growth, a benefit to developers, and ultimately the end-user. I
mean lets be realistic. Allowing tariffs to be placed on standardized
W3C-authorized Web software standards is paramount to charging humanity for
air. Are there not enough road blocks to internet growth already? Why cant
we agree on ways to do things without stuffing the pockets of the "top
dogs". The RAND proposal WILL render all the advances of the W3C
ineffective.

CraigS