Shocked

From: Chris Howells <howells@kde.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:22:14 +0100
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
When I first heard of the proposals being put forward, I intially assumed
that they were some kind of joke, since they appeared to be so ridiculous.

But, sadly, it is no joke.

As somebody who loves free software, and is involved in the KDE project, it
is clear to me how great an impact the proposals would have on not just the
free software community, but ultimately, on all software users.

Unless the W3C would like to become an irrelevance to the modern world,
simply going into obscurity due to the planned proposals, I would suggest
that the W3C should immediately drop their proposals, before any more
damage is done to their previously good reputation.

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt