Re: The Once and Future Web - a proposal

Daniel Phillips wrote:

> If we go by your reckoning (and the Microsoft comment really is a forgery)
> then we're down to zero.  Of course, it's possible I overlooked some
> favorable comments in my quick scan of over a thousand emails.

Thanks for clearing that up. In addition, I browsed the archives, but
didn't find any concrete RAND supporters. By principle, I wouldn't include
anyone who authored the draft, or its affiliates. So yes, there isn't any
genuine support for RAND here.

I have one doubt - is IBM's Gerald Lane opposed to RAND in W3C standards or
not?

I hereby propose that the W3C work in Internet time and modify the draft to
reflect the following:

 - mandatory patent disclosure by members of the WG;

 - ensure all W3C standards and recommendations - past, currently under
   development and future - shall remain freely implementable and royalty-
   free, with no restrictions whatsoever, in perpetuity;

 - lastly, shelve RAND;

Kindly add anything I may have missed, or any errors.

Regards
Jason