RAND fees

From: Joan Stanton <jstanton@ee.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:07:34 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly but I don't feel fees should be charged for using technology that is currently not charged for. It's almost like someone claiming the rights to all oxygen breathed and charging for each breath. I'm not opposed to new technology having charges but access to the net should be there for everyone without restrictions or charges. This bill would definitely limit the use of the net to only those who could afford it.

Joan Stanton
jstanton@ee.net