Comment

From: Jim Henson <jhhenson@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:39:38 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
    Your web page states that one of the reasons for this is so that "Future
work is not hindered because of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt."  I believe
the result will be just the opposite, it will cause that Fear, Uncertainty,
and Doubt that you state you are trying to avoid.  Thus far the only result
I have seen from the announcement of your plans have been the above, and
outrage as well.

    My vote would be no on this, were I to have a vote.