reasonable and nondiscriminatory (RAND) fees for Web-standard products

From: bill wirt <bwirt@houston.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:25:46 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
What I'd like to know is who died and appointed yall king? Your RAND fees proposal is just another effort by a supposed "policy" organization to collect a "tax" from the users & developers of the world wide web ( I call it the Internet). I don't believe your organization owns the rights to all the gif files, etc., on the web, SO BACK OFF!!!

I'll be writing my  Congressman & both of my Senators to enlist support. Of course, if yall have deep pockets, you probably already have Congressional leaders in your back pocket. And, seeing as the United States has pretty much declared war on terrorism, it won't take much to redefine your organization. Keep it up & you'll have a war of your own.

Have a good day...
Bill Wirt
bwirt@houston.rr.com
bwirt@pdq.net